The admission process of the College is regulated through the e-Admission system (ON-LINE ADMISSION) as it has been made compulsory by the Department of Higher Education, Government of Odisha from the Academic Session 2011-12.
Students passed from BSE, Odisha or any other State Board or any other equivalent Board like CBSE/ICSE etc. can apply on-line through Common Application Form (CAF) available in DHE website www.dheorissa.in at any place where Internet facility is available.
Common Prospectus (CP) is a booklet, which outlines the details of e-Admission process, relevant information of different Junior Colleges and other procedures available in the government website.
From the 1st part of CP one can gather information about Selection Principles, Reservation & Weightage matters, etc.& from the second part profile of VJC, like Seat availability, Subject Availability, Elective Combinations, College Admission “Cut-off” marks of last 2-years for various streams, Hostel Seat Availability, Total Fees required for admission, etc. will be available.
5. The applicant has to furnish all personal and academic information like, Name, Parents’ name, Correspondence and Permanent Address, 10th class Board Examination marks, Name of the Board, Roll Number, Year of Passing, Reservation and weightage details, choices of different colleges and streams in order of preference and others) etc. in the appropriate boxes of the on line form.
Mere applying on-line CAF in the Internet will not be sufficient for e-Admission. One has to take print out of “College Copy” & “Applicant Copy” of the filled in CAF, attach relevant documents along with fees with it and travel to the nearest SAMS Resource Centre to submit the application. The college authority would keep the College Copy of the application form along with the relevant documents and return the Applicant copy with a Money Receipt-cum-Index Number to the applicant.
Only the computer (Net) generated CAF with Barcode shall be accepted. In no case, a DTP or Typed CAF shall be accepted.
The 1st selection list will be finalised as per the merit and choice of the applicants. The selection list and the intimation letters for selected applicants shall be available on-line.
Intimation will be sent to the selected applicants in different modes like by post, through SMS, e-Mail, website, college notice board etc.
It is mandatory for the selected applicants to take admission in order to remain in the system.
Applicants, who have passed the 10th Board Examination from BSE, Orissa can attach the photocopy of the downloaded mark sheet from the Internet with the college copy of the CAF.
- Students who take admission against lower options in the 1st selection and want to continue in that college, have to give an undertaking in a form (Annexure-7), so that their cases shall not be considered for sliding up during the 2nd selection. If they do not do so at the time of admission, it may be possible that their names would be slide up to their higher options and removed from the1st Selection College.
Certificates & Documents
An applicant has to submit the self attested photo copies of the following documents / certificates with the College Copy of the Common Application Form (CAF). Respective Original ones have to be presented before the Admission Committee at the time of Admission for verification. The authority may retain some of the Certificates in Original during admission as described earlier.
- 10th Board Mark sheet and Pass Certificates in original.
- School Leaving & Conduct certificates from the educational institution last attended.
Documents as per Requirement
- Schedule Tribe / Schedule Caste certificates from revenue officer not below rank of Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar. For ST applicant, his/her father’s caste certificate may be taken into consideration. Land passbook authenticated by the Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar may also be taken as a proof of caste in absence of caste certificate.
No caste certificate other than revenue officer not below the rank of Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar shall be considered.
- Migration certificate for the applicants passing from other Boards other than BSE, Orissa
- PH/OH certificate from CDMO/SDMO/CMO of Capital Hospital (in case of Bhubaneswar).
- Service Defence Personnel-SDP (Army/Navy/Air Force) Certificate from the Commanding Officer of the unit.
- Children of Martyrs (CoM) certificate from the District Collector.
- NCC certificate from the competent authority.
- Ex-Service Man certificate from Zilla Sainik Board.
- Permanent resident/nativity certificate (for OLNS candidates).
- Sports certificate from the appropriate authority & counter signed by Director of Sports, Orissa.
- Scout & guide certificate from the appropriate authority.
Special Provision At Vikash
Vikash Junior Colleges have special HELP DESKS at Bargarh, Sambalpur and Bhubaneswar campuses to help all the class-X appeared students of HSE/CBSE/ICSE Other Boards wishing to apply online. They may visit at any day after the result of HSE Board Examination to any of ourcampuses to fill in the Online e-Admission Procedure.
For detail, please contact:
Vikash Junior College, Bargarh, Mbl: 9337310441, 9437589101
Vikash Junior College, Sambalpur, Mbl: 9937979999